Our latest photographs have just arrived from the studio of Francine Zaslow! A few weeks ago I worked with Francine and her team to capture Merida’s new wool area rugs from the Sweater Collection, which are designed and woven in Fall River, MA.
We were lucky enough to find an ideal space at Belle Mer in Newport,RI, where the simple, elegant spaces complemented the sophisticated look of the rugs. The smooth surfaces and clean angles in the space enhanced the deep, knit-like texture from each rug design. To add some visual interest to the shots, we borrowed furniture and props from showrooms at the Boston Design Center.
I worked alongside interior designer and stylist, Robert Wurbel, and hand selected the perfect pieces from Icon Group, Furn & Co and Studio 534 to complete each setting. Our goal was to not overwhelm the composition with a ton of furniture and props, but to suggest a space that would allow viewers to imagine the rugs in their own setting. The final shots are spectacular!
- Merida’s new Sweater Coil Rug in Ivory
- Ironies – Boreal Bench with Jerry Pair / Bella Pelle leather color: Lilac – Found at Studio 534
- Sweater Cable rug in Ivory
- Icon Group cream sofa / Furn & Co silver screen and white vase
- Sweater Coil in Ivory – New tufted design using felted, crimped wool yarn
Thank you to all, whose work helped orchestrate the elements to make this shoot a great success! I’m looking forward to many more!